Sunday, April 29, 2012

Dual Frequency RC Oscillator

This is what I consider my first real post.  This particular circuit allowed me to explore RC oscillators as external timers for micro-controllers.  If you want to see where I got the idea from, just go to the microchip homepage, and search their website for "Tips 'n Tricks'.  This was tip #1, and it had the same title that I titled this post.  I think I did a half-way decent job discussing this, between the video, code, and dry-erase board picture.  If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Video:



Code:

Math and other boring stuff:

2 comments:

  1. Shall I assume your button switch is not a momentary switch?

    ReplyDelete
  2. brother in Christ,
    The button is a momentary on button. I used the button to generate an interrupt, and my code handles figuring out what the frequency needs to be.
    --George

    ReplyDelete